BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 12: more than just a date

Well I looked at the calendar today, and guess what it is... yep, May 12. To you, it might be just another day. To me, it's the 3 year anniversary of the day I met the love of my life (for that story, check out this post). I can't believe it's been 3 whole years already. I know that it may not seem like that big a deal to other people, but that day was the start of my life as I know it now. I feel like I've changed a lot since that day. When we met, I had never been in a serious relationship (really, nothing I could even quite call a relationship). I hadn't graduated yet. I was on a completely different career path (I wanted to study marine biology). I was still young. Now I have experienced a lot more. Although I still have maturing to do, I feel like I've grown a lot since then. Now I'm majoring in Elementary education. I'm getting married. I've grown a lot through this deployment as well. I am still learning to do things on my own and be more independent. I'm doing more with my friends instead of sitting around sulking. I am learning more about myself. I hope that by the end of this deployment I will be a lot more confident about myself. I'm toughening up, but I still have a ways to go.

I finally took the General Knowledge Test. I wont get the final scores for about 6 weeks, but I at least passed all of my sections (I won't find out about the writing portion until the rest of my results come out, but I'm sure I passed that). I feel so relieved to be finished studying. Now I can relax (minus work) until my birthday on Saturday. Tomorrow I start cleaning/organizing my bedroom. I'm ashamed to admit it, by my room likes like the room of a 15-year-old boy. What can I say? I've had papers, speeches, exams like nobody's business these last few weeks. It's time to get my life in order. I'll let you know tomorrow how that goes... haha.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on 3 years :) and on completing your exams .. take a nice little break :) and getting organized will feel amazing ! my first day off i did some organizing .. now ive been working everyday since .. and havent had the motivation to get back into it :/

    ReplyDelete