BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Late night

Why do I torture myself the way I do? I'm sleepy. My eyes hurt because they want to close and the lights of the computer screen and my lamp are too bright. I know I need to get up early so I can study. Instead of sleeping, I'm sitting in bed awake at 1:00 am. I know I should try to sleep. But honestly, I don't think I would be able to if I tried. I spend too many nights tossing around in my bed because I can't sleep. I guess it's because I have a lot on my mind. For the most part, it's one person. Travis. I miss him so much. It's easier to convince myself that I'm tough during the day, when I'm around people. But at night, when I'm alone, I can't help but feel weak. Every day I try my best to put on a brave face. I try to be tough. Sometimes I really am. I act like I'm not scared. But I am. What makes it even harder is that none of my friends understand what I'm going through. But most of all, it's the fact that my very best friend, the one I can tell anything and everything to, is the one person I can't tell how I'm truly feeling. I don't want him to have to worry about me. He has much more important things to worry about. He needs me to be strong for him. I'm doing my best, but I will keep pushing myself. I won't complain. I can do this. I will do this. I am strong. Because really, what other choice do I have? I am in love with a soldier.

3 comments:

  1. oh my darlin . if it makes you feel any better .. i am the same way . i stay up til the wee hours of the morning and sleep til about 11 . which jason hates .
    ANYWAY .. you dont have to be a brick wall all of the time .. it's good to let others know that you need help .. thats the beauty of a blog .. that way if you dont want to/cant talk to your family and friends at home .. you have a whole other option :)
    as i say this .. i am thinking that i could really use my own advice .. as i am basically the exact same as you .. even when i struggle i do everything i can to make it through on my own . while i was growing up my parents always taught me that i dont NEED anyone .. its just nice to have someone to lean on from time to time and youve got me :) i know its not always the same .. but it helps !
    i'll be praying for you and travis and your sleeping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I definitely think I'm going to be posting a lot, because I feels good already to be able to let things out. :)

    - Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know ! and thats the beauty of it .. if ppl dont like what you have to say .. then they dont have to read it and others may fall in love with it and you could offer them tons of advice and insight .. i love it !

    ReplyDelete